Thursday, September 11, 2008

Inspired by Wallpaper?

Inspired by one of the design ideas on last night's episode of Top Design, I decided to do another ode to wall paper. I used to think of wallpaper as the way cheap motels covered up the stains on their walls, however, there are some absolutely sublime things you can do with wall paper and wall coverings - used in moderation.
Embossed Wall Flats by Inhabit


I think this is a fantastic idea. Rather than have colors or patterns, these impart texture to your space... and at $86.00 at a price that won't break the bank. I particularly like the braille wall... innovative and unique.

Cole & Son Malabar at Walnut Wallpaper


Wallpaper on the ceiling? Yes! Saw it last night on Top Design and flipped for the idea. Walnut has some loud and lovely designs on their site. Unique, busy, kicky wall papers that are fun and a lively addition to most any room, but I would use on them on an accent wall only. Can you imagine an entire room covered in that ceiling? It might cause a mild seizure...
J'adore wall paper, in moderation...

1 comment:

Starlet aka Minutestar said...

OH MY! I love the ceiling wall paper, what a genius idea!